View LISTSERV archives

EVIDENCE-IMPACT@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

EVIDENCE-IMPACT Home

EVIDENCE-IMPACT  November 2017

EVIDENCE-IMPACT November 2017

METRICS: a model for describing scholarly activities in education

David A Topps <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Evidence of Impact Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Nov 2017 06:51:28 +0000

Being not entirely satisfied with Glassick’s or Boyer’s models of scholarship, we developed our own model or pattern language to describe the range of scholarly activities recognized in medical education. We believe that this model may be of use in more general arena of educational scholarship.

    We have published our model here: https://www.mededpublish.org/manuscripts/1305/v1

    We are very interested in further developing and strengthening this model. The full text is openly accessible. We welcome commentary and feedback in the hopes of generating a broader discussion, either via this listserv, or via MedEdPublish.

    Dr David Topps

    Medical Director

    Office of Health & Medical Education Scholarship (OHMES)