View LISTSERV archives

ITACCESS@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ITACCESS Home

ITACCESS  June 2018

ITACCESS June 2018

Re: [EXTERNAL] [ITACCESS] Live streaming athletics programs on the web with social and stats integrations & accessibility

Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Jun 2018 20:27:15 +0000

Hello Sarah,

Central Piedmont Community College is using Panopto, which has a robust set of tools for steaming. They have a fairly decent captioning tool, and soon they will transform into a 100% cloud format. Also, send this link to your ITS or media service departments so they can confirm they have the infrastructure to manage this vendor.  However, once Panopto goes to the cloud they will be able to serve those institutions with smaller IT infrastructures.

Here is the link:

https://www.panopto.com/try-panopto/?utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=adwords&utm_content=panopto&utm_campaign=panopto&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjYyi-9T02wIVjRyGCh0gvAGWEAAYASAAEgJ9bfD_BwE

We have been able to grow with Panopto, as a 6.5 campus community college. Tell me what you think after you review their product.

Best regards,

Don

Donald Michael, Jr., MFA

Senior Program Coordinator

ITS Learning Technology Services

704-330-2722 ext. 3598

CPCC will be closed Fridays through July 20. During this period, the college will operate Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.