LICENSING 2001

Re: Anti-Virus Site Licensing Question

Gail NIKLASON <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:35:24 -0700

We have used Aladdin's eSafe Desktop for many years with good results.
We purchase a 1400-seat license, basically a site license, that allows
our faculty and staff to load the program on their home machines at no
extra charge. We have found eSafe to be much more affordable, yet, when
used properly provides as much protection as the bigger names.

Gail Niklason
Mgr, Computing Support Services
Weber State University
Ogden, UT
(801) 626-6753

>>> Stafford <[log in to unmask]> 12/04/01 03:59PM >>>
Hello and happy holidays!

I'm wondering if those on this list could share information concerning
site licenses for anti-virus software such as Symantec Norton's or
Network Associates' McAfee Viruscan. What other products are
universities using on a campus-wide basis?

Thanks.

Stafford G. Cox, Ph.D. - California State University, Long Beach -
Academic Computing Services - North Campus Center - (562) 985-7801 -
FAX
(562) 985-5800 - http://www.csulb.edu/~scox - [log in to unmask]