< Back to LISTSERV archives

LICENSING@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LICENSING Home

LICENSING  2001

LICENSING 2001

Re: Internet Connectivity Software to Students/Faculty/Staff

Chuck <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:49:23 -0500

Hello Daren!

Expect the university community to be disappointed that they are now being
charged for something that was or should be free.  Cornell distributes a
free CD to the community and it contains similar software to your and then
some...Cornell developed applications for computing/accessing personal
records, registration, and the like.

I am the Software Acquisition Coordinator here at Cornell, and I have seen
folks become a bit disgruntled when they no longer continue to get something
for free.  However, if their is no alternative, they will either pay for the
CD or go without.  Most likely they will pay.  I recommend not exceeding $5
and expect folks to dupe it on their own. Alternatively, you could
distribute the software electronically.

Good luck with this!

Have a GREAT evening!

Chuck Jessop