LICENSING 2001

Re: Microsoft Licensing

Terrie Rowe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:23:28 -0400

I agree and support an effort to  get a collective response to the Microsoft
campus licensing issue. We remain on individual license purchases.  The last
straw was being told we had to count student employees in our part-time
staff head-count  in the formula used to price out a campus agreement.  At
the proposed level, the cost proposal would require board approval, and we
simply cannot cost-justify it to that level of public scrutiny.  The first
question is "Is it really being used?", as you suggest.

Theresa Rowe
Director Information Systems
Oakland University