LICENSING 2001

Re: Gartner's comments on MS licensing

Michael R Sherer <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:39:16 -0500

I'm interested in whether the campus agreement will mitigate some of the
negative licensing issues with Windows XP.  My technical staff is fairly
worked up over things they've read, though I've read other articles that
seem to indicate that the individual serial numbers and activation issues
are not going to be forced on institutional users.  Anyone have access to
better/more authoritative info than I do?
-ms

--
-ms
Michael Sherer                  voice:  219-535-7406