LICENSING 2001

Re: query on how Win XP will be handled

Karen Lukas <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:56:20 -0400

We obtained a campus agreement product keys for Office XP and FrontPage
2002 by calling 1-888-652-2342.  This key can be given out to faculty and
staff, but not to students.  I understand we will call this same number to
get a campus agreement product key for Windows XP by calling this same
number in the latter part of September.

Microsoft continues to say that circulating CDs from the library is still a
valid way to distribute applications, including Office XP, to students.
The latest word I have from my sales rep is that we can use the copy of
Office that comes in the Select set for this purpose.  That we can
duplicate Office from Select onto CDs that we can give to our library
circulation desk.  Is that what others hear?

Karen Lukas
Software Manager for Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University
412-268-5157 (phone)
412-268-4987 (FAX)

--On Thursday, September 20, 2001 3:20 PM -0500 mknox {Marg Knox}