LICENSING 2001

Re: Windows XP Home Edition

Chuck Sechler <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:04:38 -0400

At 10:45 AM 10/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Chuck,
>
>I agree with you, on the SKU issue, I see some very debilitating issues
>around upgrade paths as you mention and new "consumer" marketed equipment
>coming in to a campus as student machines. However I think we are faced with
>an uphill battle. When I talked to Microsoft about this, they made it
>absolute clear that Home is for quote: "home usage" directed towards the

and I could make it absolutely clear that our Custom Enterprise agreement
allows for quote: "home usage" of our license products. But, I agree in the
end. How can you make them realize that this is not living up to the
license agreement without a legal fight? And I don't think anyone is going
to think it is worth it to do that. I appreciate your comments and insight.

Chuck

Site License Coordinator
Office of Information Technology
Ohio State University