View LISTSERV archives

LICENSING@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LICENSING Home

LICENSING  2001

LICENSING 2001

Re: Campus Agreement will not apply to fac staff

Joey Tappel <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:23:26 -0500

Since MSCA ver 2.0 was discontinued when 3.0 was launched, yes you will need
to sign a 3.0 agreement when you renew. MSCA ver 3.0 allows schools the
flexibility/opportunity to pick and choose which products they wish to use.
If your school would like to renew for the exact same mix of products that
are currently covered under your existing CA 2.0 agreement, there is an
option for you to do just that.

Same with your Students (if you have a student option in place now). Pricing
for Students will be discounted via an amendment from MS (again, only if you
have a student option in place today). To select the student option, you
must select the faculty/staff. Your student products can differ from your
Fac/Staff products. As long as each meets the minimum of 300 units.

Example 1: if you have a Fac/Staff FTE count of 300, and a Student count of
1000. You can license your Fac/Staff for all of the products covered under
your CA 2.0 contract today, and only select Office & FrontPage for your
students. In this example, each meets the 300 minimum.

Example 2: if you have a Fac/Staff FTE count of 300, and a Student count of
1000. You can license your Fac/Staff for Office/FrontPage& OS, and then
license your students with only Office. In this example, each meets the 300
unit minimum.