< Back to LISTSERV archives

LICENSING@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LICENSING Home

LICENSING  2001

LICENSING 2001

Re: Campus Agreement will not apply to fac staff

"Lenox, Charlotte" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:25:40 -0600

The agreement that our faculty/staff must sign when they buy the media
for home-use products states, among other things, that if Baylor does
not renew MSCA v2.0, the employee will remove the product from their
home machine unless it is similarly included in a renewal of another
MSCA version.  We require them to sign this agreement; there is nothing
we can do to police their compliance.

When we renew under v3.0 next summer, we will notify the campus of that
fact and of the terms of the new agreement.  And from that point, we
will facilitate the home-use purchase of only the products allowed under
3.0.  So. . .for those who don't comply, at least they won't have any
upgrades!

Charlotte Lenox
IT Business Manager
Baylor University