< Back to LISTSERV archives

LICENSING@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LICENSING Home

LICENSING  2001

LICENSING 2001

Adobe Contractual Licensing Programme - governing law clause

Ian Hill <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:37:19 +0800

The Adobe Contractual Licensing Programme (CLP) is being promoted by Adobe
in Australia currently. It is of interest and there are some savings to be
gained through the programme.

However, our legal advisers are very concerned that Adobe do not seem
prepared to amend the governing law from that of the laws of the Netherlands
to local law (i.e. for us, the state of Western Australia"). In the unlikely
event of an issue of any kind, we might be swept up in a very expensive
legal suit, in a foreign country, in a foreign language, and thus burn all
the licence fee savings we sought to find through the CLP.

What experience do other institutions have with persuading Adobe to modify
the governing law clause in their licences, from the Netherlands to an
english-speaking country? And, any other experience with the CLP in general?

Thanks in advance.

Ian
--
Ian Hill, Manager, Quality & Policy [VK6KIH] Ph +61 8 9266 4625 Fax +61 8
9266 2673