< Back to LISTSERV archives

LICENSING@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LICENSING Home

LICENSING  2001

LICENSING 2001

Re: Adobe Contractual Licensing Programme - governing law clause

Chuck Sechler <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:46:54 -0500

Well, we have that problem from time to time. Usually, although not always,
we have been able to convince a vendor that we have to modify the governing
law to State of Ohio by citing that this is a requirement via state
legislation and there is nothing we can do about it. I think we recently
discussed this scenario with Adobe and they seemed open to it. In a couple
of cases we have not been able to change to Ohio law but our legal has been
able to accept "the laws of the United States" in stead and the vendor has
gone along with that.