View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  September 2002

CIO September 2002

Re: Network Performance or Bandwidth Issues

"King, John" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:59:05 -0400

Would any of you like to share the priority and/or bandwidth rules that you
set up with Packetshaper? We implemented Packetshaper last year and saw
immediate results. We, however, put in place a very simple priority scheme
and no bandwidth reservation. This fall we are seeing major problems again.
We, obviously, need to further develop our prioritization scheme and/or
dedicate bandwidth to certain applications and/or restrict P2P to certain
times. It would be helpful to see exactly what others are doing.

Thanks.

-John K.

John P. King, Ph.D.
Chief Information Officer