Re: VirtualPC

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:47:15 -0500

My understanding is that the part numbers (sku's) for Virtual PC and for
Mac Office Pro have been pulled from ALL volume contracts as of last
week (Select, Campus, Enterprise, Open, Academic, etc). So it is only
available in retail stores. Similar to Windows OS initial licenses.

I was not aware of an upgrade offering or splitting it from the required
Windows license. (I was only aware of the retail pricing for Virtual PC
with Win license; but this is just an awareness observation on my part).

I have been talking to the licensing people and to the Mac business
unit. They are working on the issue; there is an internal business
problem to be overcome (if possible).

And they know that we believe it is part of the Campus Agreements that
have selected Office.

If someone has additional information, please share!

Regards, Marg

Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
FAC 210<--NEW         (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin