Re: MS Office 2003

Felipe de Alba <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:08:10 -0800

Mira, esta es otra de las listas a la que estoy suscrito!

Felipe de Alba
Doctorant INRS-UQAM
Tel. 499-8276
Montréal, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Software Licensing Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Montefiori, Karen
Sent: Miércoles, 22 de Octubre de 2003 08:06 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LICENSING] MS Office 2003

Our Student Select is administered by e-academy and we have been
told that the following applies to our case:

Student Select customers who order Office XP Standard or
Professional on or after 9/1/03 qualify for a free upgrade to
Office 2003 Standard or Pro, but will need to pay for the cost of
the media and shipping.  It is my understanding that Office 2003
will be available through Student Select in early November.

With respect to our Select 6 program, we have received volume
license media for Office 2003, but the product key supplied to us
by Microsoft does not work with the media we have received.  It is
my understanding that Microsoft is working to resolve this problem.

Karen Montefiori

--On Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:51 AM -0500 Marg Knox
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Colleagues, I want to check in and see if others are having a
> problem we are having. Our Office 2003 media for students has not
> shown up and we are being told it is because Arvato (the
> duplicator, if I am spelling that correctly) has not yet received
> the media from Microsoft. I seem to have confirmation of the
> issue. I am guessing this also affects the Student Select program
> as well as Campus Agreement.
>
> This seems so peculiar. Microsoft does a big media push for
> Office 2003 and we frustrate our students.
>
> Has anyone gotten their student Office 2003 media?
>
> On the plus side, I see that Microsoft is including a long term
> evaluation for One Note for Campus Agreement users (thru end of
> your subscription year). And graduating students during that time
> would get a permanent license.
>
> _____________________________________
> Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
> Information Technology Services (ITS)
> FAC 210<--NEW         (512) 475-9300/9224
> Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
> ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
> The University of Texas at Austin

> http://www.educause.edu/cg/.

Email: [log in to unmask]