Citrix, Microsoft & students

Shereen Fogel <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:15:09 -0800

Is anyone using Citrix to deliver Microsoft Office to students remotely?

Our college currently has a FCCC Microsoft campus agreement.
Using Citrix students are would not download
the software but are using it thru a terminal services session.  Would this
be
considered a violation of the agreement?  We have not signed up for the
student option,
but the software is technically never installed on the students computers.

We have also purchased a Window 2000 Server and received the appropriate TS
CAL licenses through our campus agreement to handle our student and faculty
population.  Access to this server is totally restricted to accounts within
our campus domain, and there is no anonymous login possible.  However, it is
possible to access this server from any computer on, or off our campus with
this licensing configuration using RDP or ICA protocols.

Any thoughts on this?

Shereen Fogel, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Instructional Technology
Glendale Community College
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone:  818.240.1000 x5179