Re: Student Campus Wide Agreement Media Duplication and Distribution Options

"Knox, Margaret H" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:11:21 -0600

Linda,

Microsoft's concern could be that you are only eligible to order n
copies of the media and if you buy from multiple sources, then no one
source can be held accountable for selling you too much media. The
language in CA though seems to indicate it must be from an AER.

Some places use cost of media as one of the determining factors in
awarding their CA. Of course, it would be unusual if one vendor was low
(and best)  bid on all aspects of the CA:-)

Volume seems to help lower the price.
Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
COM 17                (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin