Re: Microsoft Campus Program

Ricky Roberts <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:46:56 -0700

Jane,

Similar to Mark's recent reply, we had success in cost savings this year
by submitting our Campus Agreement (faculty and staff, we can't afford
students currently) to a Request for Bid process.  We've also found that
resellers can come in under the MS "retail" price for the package, and
our cost for the new three year package actually came down compared to
previously sole sourcing. Locking in the price for three years is a
critical benny facing more state budget cuts over the next year or two
at least.

Regards,

Ricky

Ricky Roberts
Director of Client Computing
Northern Arizona University
(928) 523-6950

From: The EDUCAUSE Software Licensing Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Schoenfeld
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 10:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LICENSING] Microsoft Campus Program

Some of the campuses of the University of California are looking at the
Microsoft Campus Program.  I would appreciate hearing about your
negotiating experiences with Microsoft.  I would be particularly
interested in hearing from any university or university systems that
have been able negotiate better pricing than Microsoft's standard tiers.
Please contact me directly.

Thank you.

--Jane

Jane Schoenfeld