Re: Site License Pricing Models

"Sinnett, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:55:17 -0800

1. Is your program managed as a cost recovery operation?

Yes

2. Are enterprise-wide licenses funded centrally or are there instances
where you attempt to recover the cost by charging individual
departments?

No central funding.  Charges billed back to departments except for
software covered by student Technology Resource Fees (Norton Anti-Virus,
StatGraphics, etc.)

3. If you charge departments individually, do you pass on only the cost
of the license or do you charge an amount that seeks to offset
administrative overhead?

Generally we add in admin overhead.  Our accountant has provided me with
a nifty spreadsheet that calculates time/cost for everyone involved &
generates a per-copy markup.

4. Do you charge departments a flat fee for unlimited licenses, or do
you distribute licenses on a per-unit basis to them?

Generally on a per-unit basis.  The only exception is the ESRI contract
which is funded by the Deans based on a formula the came up with several
years ago.

5. Are you partnering with any outside firms for software licensing
management and/or distribution?

Some of our licensing is handled through Oregon Educational Technology
Consortium (www.oetc.org) and Software House International (www.shi.com)
is our Microsoft Reseller.

Hope this helps.

Chris

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Chris Sinnett
Software Site License Coordinator
Manager, I.S. Computer Consulting
121 The Valley Library