Re: Microsoft Campus Program

"Burchard, Wendy" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:53:29 -0500

We purchase a Campus agreement through a consortium which does reduce the
pricing however all members of the consortium have to agree as to what are
the core products and what are not.    We also have a select agreement that
has very reasonable pricing as well.   The Foundation of California
Community Colleges is a large consortium that offers Microsoft agreements.
Check out there web site www.foundationccc.org

Wendy Burchard
Procurement Coordinator
Information Services
University of Richmond
Email:  [log in to unmask]
http://oncampus.richmond.edu/is/procurement
Phone:  804-289-8785
Fax:  804-289-8988

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Schoenfeld [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LICENSING] Microsoft Campus Program

Some of the campuses of the University of California are looking at the
Microsoft Campus Program.  I would appreciate hearing about your
negotiating experiences with Microsoft.  I would be particularly interested
in hearing from any university or university systems that have been able
negotiate better pricing than Microsoft's standard tiers.  Please contact
me directly.

Thank you.

--Jane

Jane Schoenfeld