opinions on antivirus sw

"Karen J. Lukas" <[log in to unmask]>

Karen J. Lukas

Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:10:22 -0500

At Carnegie Mellon we are considering alternatives to the antivirus
software we currently license because of a large increase in the license
fee, but we don't want to move to another product based on cost alone.

I am interested in knowing what others use and whether you are satisfied
with what you use from the perspective of administering the software and
the responsiveness and effectiveness of the the company in dealing with new
viruses.

If you have changed products in the last year or two and it was related to
dissatisfaction with the old product, what was the product you originally
licensed and with what application did you replace it?  What prompted your
move to the new product?  Thank you.

Karen J. Lukas
Software Manager for Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University