Re: opinions on antivirus sw

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:41:59 -0600

We are in the renewing stage right now and looking at options. One thing
we want to add if we can at all afford it is to add central policy
management (e.g. e-policy orchestrator from NAI is a possible example).
And we would like to expand upon the security tools (e.g., firewalls
etc) as funding does or does not allow.

For us, as we have lots of Macs, and we have been less than thrilled
with MacOSX Virex (not auto updating). That apparently is being fixed in
the next release. Also since we have lots of Macs that limits the number
of vendors who can service us.

In addition, performance was an issue on our Tablets, but again the next
release of NAI looks to help that.

Clearly Norton has more mindshare traction around here.

But money will be a major factor for us. And conversion enters in as
well...

Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
COM 17                (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin