MS Student Select EULA Requirements

Tony Townsend <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:45:24 -0500

Folks -

We're trying to make Microsoft Student Select work with the computers we
sell to students for back-to-school. I have a logistical question maybe
someone else has already answered - at least I hope so as Microsoft doesn't
return calls.

We build software images for these computers and would like to include the
Student Select version of Office in the build. However, our Virginia Select
agreement says students must physically sign the Office EULA and return it
to us to be legal. Obviously this means we have to collect and process
thousands of pieces of paper, none of which will ever be looked at again.

Has anyone else found a way around this? It would be very nice if we cold
save students $130 on the cost of the computer (the savings of Select over
a regular academic license). Our faculty/staff Select agreement has no such
provision.

Thanks for your advice.