Re: MS Student Select EULA Requirements

Jim Lesslie <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:02:19 -0500

Hi Tony.
Our Computer Store actually had a hand in convincing Microsoft to establish
the Student variant of the MS Select program, working with HO folks in
Redmond. In 4-5 years, we've sold or leased thousands of computers with a
Select copy of MS Office bundled in, or as an option. We didn't have it
pre-installed as part of the drive image, but included a CD. As I recall,
Microsoft was unwavering on the requirement that students sign a piece of
paper, and likely will continue to be firm on this. So yes, we had to get
every student to sign a license agreement, and now have a drawer full of them.

... Jim

Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/.