Updated LICENSING Web Site

Joan Couse <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:07:16 -0700

Dear LICENSING Subscriber:

I am writing to you as the staff coordinator of the EDUCAUSE
Constituent Group program. We've recently updated all group sites
including Software Licensing
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/licensing.asp). The sites have been
designed to better serve as gateways to EDUCAUSE resources. Many pages
highlight references that have been identified to be of particular
interest to the group. If you are aware of references that you think
would be helpful additions, please post them to the list for comment.

Currently, nearly 30 EDUCAUSE constituent groups cover a range of
topics as varied as administrative services, security issues, and
managing in times of change, including groups for specific sizes or
types of institutions. Most groups meet at scheduled face-to-face
meetings at the EDUCAUSE annual conference and minutes are posted to
the group sites. All are associated with an electronic discussion list
for maintaining connections throughout the year. The subscriber base
for these groups varies from 50 to over 1,000. More than 320 of your
colleagues are subscribed to this list--think of the expertise
available to you with just a quick message to the group! Some groups
are more active in electronic discussions than others, but all include
experienced professionals like you who are eager to share their ideas
and accomplishments. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the
various groups (http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/) and take advantage
of the resources available, including searchable archives of
discussions.

In other recent changes, the constituent group program description
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/cgstructure599.asp) and guidelines
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/part600.asp) have been updated to
help you better understand the program and to address issues of
appropriate use.

The leader of your group is currently Marg Knox, Director, ITS -
Collaboration and Academic Resources, University of Texas at Austin
([log in to unmask]). We are here to help direct you to resources
and to consider your suggestions for making this group more useful to
you. We hope you find these changes helpful and look forward to your
comments.

Should you have any questions about the EDUCAUSE Constituent Group
program, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Joan Couse
Member Programs Associate

EDUCAUSE
4772 Walnut Street, Suite 206