Re: Microsoft Campus Program

mknox {Marg Knox} <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:30:21 -0600

On the three year licensing, you can lose one benny... the cap on increase
is no longer there!

I absolutely concur with Ricky that resellers have latitude on what they bid
to you and some can discount more than others. Which is good, as long as
they can stay the term of the agreement. I know of at least one large school
whose contract got canceled by the vendor when their MS payments (rebates)
changed. Ouch.

_____________________________________
Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
COM 17                (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricky Roberts [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 9:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LICENSING] Microsoft Campus Program

Jane,

Similar to Mark's recent reply, we had success in cost savings this year
by submitting our Campus Agreement (faculty and staff, we can't afford
students currently) to a Request for Bid process.  We've also found that
resellers can come in under the MS "retail" price for the package, and
our cost for the new three year package actually came down compared to
previously sole sourcing. Locking in the price for three years is a
critical benny facing more state budget cuts over the next year or two
at least.

Regards,

Ricky

Ricky Roberts