Re: License Serving/Key Serving

Mike Stark <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:48:34 -0700

Debbie,

   We use Sassafras Keyserver (even on FLEXlm or elan controlled
applications) to be able to monitor all our mac and pc applications
that we can, with one tool. This allows us to track usage (drop off
in usage too) as well as peak needs on concurrently licensed or
per-seat licensed products.

1)UC San Diego
2)Adobe, macromedia, microsoft, matlab, Pro/E, ARCview, Autodesk,
mathematica, eudora, ironcad, labview, IE/Netscape, Filemaker, SPSS,
sigmaplot, SAS & JMP, RealPlayer, winamp, many more including lots of
freeware, just about everything.
3)A 1300 seat Sassafras KeyServer for 1300 student workstations with
a few backup shadows scattered around on old quadra 700's or 7100's.
I can send you a few sample reports if interested.

Cheers!

Mike
--
Mike Stark    U.C. San Diego, Academic Computing Services
Manager, Desktop Support, Microsupport & Software Distribution