Re: Microsoft Campus Program

"Sinnett, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:31:45 -0800

My understanding is that the FTE counts can change (read increase) but MS agrees not to increase the price to your reseller.  That means, of course, that you might need to negotiate a 3 year contract with the reseller too!

In our case, we decided NOT to go with the 3 year contract because of the limit on how much your FTE can fluctuate.  Given the inability of the Legislature to come up with a budget and the voters' likely unwillingness to vote in an income tax increase (OR has no sales tax) we just couldn't justify signing a contract that wouldn't allow us to decrease our FTE if we take significant cuts.

Chris

Chris Sinnett                          [log in to unmask]
Software Site License Coordinator      Voice:  541-737-9156
Oregon State University                Fax:    541-737-3453
Information Services
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis, OR  97331
http://tss.oregonstate.edu/softdist