SPSS Increases CSU Price by 300%

Stafford Cox <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:09:45 -0700

I would like to ask if other universities/colleges have received steep
increases in the SPSS licensing fee.

The California State University System SPSS fees will increase by 300%
and we are debating the costs of doing business with such companies that
appear to take advantage of their success.

We have other statistical software licenses for faculty and students,
but SPSS is popular.

I'm curious as to what other universities have done in these licensing
situations.

Find the money and pay it or drop the software?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Stafford Cox
Academic Computing Services
CSULB