Re: SPSS Increases CSU Price by 300%

Chuck Sechler <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:11:04 -0400

Yes, this happened over the past two years at Ohio State. I am not a
statistics expert and asked other what alternatives we had in statistics
programs that would serve the folks that use SPSS and there were not many
alternatives. We also license a number of other packages, MINITAB, SAS,
SYSTAT, JMP, N6/NVivo but each seems to serve a different audience. Others
on campus license S-Plus and others. I do not have any suggestions of help,
only that we're in the same boat. Chuck.