Re: SPSS Increases CSU Price by 300%

Mark Chropufka <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:07:54 -0400

At St. John's we too have experienced sticker shock upon receiving our SPSS renewal quote.  Certainly wish SPSS had a more affordable licensing option for universities in general.

Regards,

Mark

	-----Original Message-----

	From: Stafford Cox [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

	Sent: Tue 6/17/2003 9:09 PM

	To: [log in to unmask]

	Subject: [LICENSING] SPSS Increases CSU Price by 300%

	I would like to ask if other universities/colleges have received steep

	increases in the SPSS licensing fee.

	The California State University System SPSS fees will increase by 300%

	and we are debating the costs of doing business with such companies that

	appear to take advantage of their success.

	We have other statistical software licenses for faculty and students,

	but SPSS is popular.

	I'm curious as to what other universities have done in these licensing

	situations.

	Find the money and pay it or drop the software?

	Thanks in advance for any input.

	Stafford Cox

	Academic Computing Services

	CSULB