FW: Macromedia & product activation

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:54:36 -0500

A question arrived to me on whether Adobe and Macromedia are headed down
the path of product activation as reported in
http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-1026181.html?tag=fd_top. Does anyone
know about Adobe?

From Macromedia, I got the following URLs to see what they redoing with
the new version of Contribute. It also has a feedback ability...
http://www.macromedia.com/software/activation/faq/
http://www.macromedia.com/software/activation/

I was surprised by the concurrency comment, but Contribute 1.0 did not
have concurrency either. So that is NOT a change in Macromedia policy.

Thanks to Karen for raising the issue as I am behind in my reading of
news sites!

Regards, Marg

Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
FAC 210<--NEW         (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin