Re: Microsoft Campus Program

Teri O'Rourke <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:02:17 -0800

I just went through all of this and the way it has been explained to me by Microsoft and my Reseller is that the 3 year contract does have some price guarantees and the only restrictions that apply are:
You may not lower your FTE count during the 3 year term
You may not cancel any of the products you subscribed for at contract initiation.
You may of course add FTE and new products during the 3 year term.

If you elect the 3 year term.  Microsoft guarantees that they will not increase the price to the distributor.  Distributors are of course free to change their pricing to resellers, but my understanding is that they don't typically change their pricing unless Microsoft has.  Resellers are of course free to select from a variety of distributors to help maintain the pricing that was extended in the first year of the contract, and of course you are free to change resellers.  For this reason it is very unlikely that you'd experience any price increase during your 3 year term.  If there were a pricing change you should investigate where the increase came from and do everything you can to ensure that the intent Microsoft has to guarantee pricing is met by the reseller and distributor.

Teri O'Rourke
Associate Director, Systems & Operations
Southern Oregon University

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/13/03 09:14AM >>>
Hmm, I thought MS could only change the price insofar as your FTE count
going up. I hope this does no also mean in a 3 year that they can change
the price per seat for the same software.