Mac Office Pro etc..

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:10:58 -0500

SHI-GS, a large reseller within Texas and affiliated with SHI, sent me
this as a description of Mac Office Pro, etc...

It continues the theory that the Microsoft web site overrides our Campus
Agreements which clearly say we have Office Pro (stating neither Mac nor
PC), for those who have selected this item. Also, I note that Enterprise
Agreements get the Mac Pro. Has anyone successfully gotten the Virtual
PC as part of your Office (via Campus Agreement). I still have queries
into Microsoft.

Thanks, to SHI for the summary below...

Office for Mac v. X Pro Information

*       With the release of Office for Mac v. X Pro, Microsoft is now
offering Virtual PC for the Mac with one of their Office Editions.
Below are some facts that summarize what these changes mean to volume
licensing customers:

*       The only difference between Standard Edition and Pro Edition is
the inclusion of Virtual PC for Mac with Windows XP Pro.  Customers on
SA are not entitled to this product, as it is not a new version.

*       New customers are eligible to license either Pro or Standard
through open and select.  If they are already licensed for Standard,
they should not license Pro, but instead license Virtual PC.  This will
give them the same products that are included with Pro.

Some of the license products will not appear until the October price
lists.

Here are some further details on what's available:

FPP:
Office v. X Student Teacher
Office 2001 AE
Office 2001
Office 2001 Standard
Office v. X Standard
Office v. X Pro
VPC 6.1 FPP
VPC 6.1 VUP
VPC 6.1 with XP Pro
VPC 6.1 with XP Home
VPC 6.1 with Windows 2000

Open / Select:
Office 2001
Office v. X Standard
Office v. X Professional
VPC 6.1 with Windows 2000
VPC 6.1 with XP Pro

Enterprise Agreements (EA):
Office v. X Pro will be the default.  Customer can exercise downgrade
rights to use Standard or use Office 2001.
Customer can go between Office Win Pro and Office Mac Pro.

Campus Agreements (CA):
Office v. X Standard will be the default.  Customer can exercise
downgrade rights.
Customer can go between Win Pro and Mac Std

Margaret Knox         [log in to unmask]
Information Technology Services (ITS)
FAC 210<--NEW         (512) 475-9300/9224
Director,             (512) 475-9282 fax
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
The University of Texas at Austin