View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  February 2004

CIO February 2004

Re: CIO Digest - 10 Feb 2004 to 11 Feb 2004 (#2004-29)

"Bartels, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:36:30 -0500

Seems IBM is making the rounds with their Campus Convergence model.  We
were impressed with the concept.  I'm led to believe the antenna
distribution could feed a Wi-Fi grid as well as cellular.  Am I clear on
this?  Also, IBM is asking a considerable assessment fee, has anyone
successfully negotiated this down?  Regards, fb

Frank Bartels
Director of Enterprise Systems
Division of Information Technology
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
(v) 315.781.3394 (f) 315.781.3409

- QUOTE OF THE DAY -
''Patience is the companion of wisdom.'' - St. Augustine