The University of San Diego does not currently require logins on the
Windows and Macintosh personal computers in its public labs, and we are
preparing to do so. As we begin, we believe it might be helpful to know
if this is a common direction others have taken and, if so, the
approaches they've used.
Please take just a couple of minutes to respond to the following
survey. We'll summarize back to the list unless you ask us not to
include your responses in our summary, which will include both replies
to the list and replies to me directly.
1) Do you require authentication on your public workstations (excluding
library workstations here)? If so, what system do you use
2) Do you just authenticate or are you using a system to provide
access to file storage and other resources? What system?
3) If you just authenticate, do you use a central LDAP or similar
4) Do the public workstations in your libraries require authentication?
If so, and if the system differs from the one in your other public
labs, what system do you use in the libraries?
5) Comments, suggestions, advice, etc:
6) Institution: __________________
7) Exclude from public summary? _____
Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/cg/.