View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  August 2004

CIO August 2004

Re: Patent Infringement - Acacia Media Tech Corp

Theresa M Rowe <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:21:43 -0400

Letter notices must have just popped up again - it's on all
the lists.  Our legal staff shared:
"The District Court for the Central District of California
issued its first Markman Order in the current patent
infringement litigation between Acacia and severl adult
online entertainment companies... The initial Markman Order
interprets several "claims" from 2 of the 5 patents.  The
general consensus is that there was no clear-cut winner in
the first round of litigation, but some commentators have
suggested that the judge dealt some significant blows to
Acacia's broad patent claims.... The judge has suggested that
the defendants submit motions to dismiss some of the claims
and a scheduling conference will be held on August 17."

The Markman Order is at :
http://www.fightthepatent.com/MarkmanOrder.pdf