CIO June 2005

Data Warehousing Survey Announcement

"Scott E. Siddall" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:53:46 -0400

Colleagues,

Many of your CEOs have received a solicitation to participate in a survey on
data warehousing which implies that EDUCAUSE sanctioned the effort.  Peter
DeBlois message below clarifies this.  We hope this minimizes any confusion.

		Scott Siddall
		CIO Constituent Group Leader

-------

From: Peter B. DeBlois
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [DS] Data Warehousing Survey Announcement

Colleagues,

I am writing to clarify any misconceptions that may have occurred
regarding EDUCAUSE and the survey announcement sent to this group by
David Heise yesterday.  We have received complaints and messages of
concern regarding whether this activity is an official request from
EDUCAUSE.  It is not.  EDUCAUSE has not sanctioned or supported this
survey, provided contact information, or approved its research design
and approach of direct appeal to institutional CEOs.

As stated, Mr. Heise is pursuing doctoral research and a disclaimer
clarifying the EDUCAUSE role was erroneously omitted from his message to
this list.  Decision Support/Data Warehousing group leader Betsy Blythe
and EDUCAUSE staff discussed the request to bring the survey to the
list's attention, and it was agreed that there was relevance for this
community.  We also agreed that the results would be of interest on the
group Web page <www.educause.edu/groups/ds> when they are available.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please contact me
directly <[log in to unmask]>. Also, please remember that use of the
reply function of your e-mail application will direct your message to
the list.

Thank you.

- Peter

---------------------------------------
Peter B. DeBlois
Director of Communications and Publishing

EDUCAUSE
4772 Walnut Street, Suite 206
Boulder, CO 80301
(303) 544-5665 / (303) 449-4430
(303) 440-0461 (FAX)

EDUCAUSE 2005, October 18-21, 2005, Orlando
http://www.educause.edu/e05