Re: Adobe

Michael Stark <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:02:37 -0700

Nancy,

   Up to this point they have been handling it like the other Adobe concurrent use products..... a 25% price bump above non-concurrent prices,  instead of free.

    The "free" concurrent use registration terms at Macromedia were special and limited, so I was not surprised. The required license metering alone, was a necessary incremental cost to implement the Macromedia offer.

  The terms that I took to say this was "special" were in the announcement of availability, and the follow up to registration messages. Specific sections follow.

"We are happy to announce that Macromedia now allows concurrent use rights
through a registration process for eligible education customers. Eligible
ATLO and PEP customers can register their MX tool products (servers are not
allowed) at the URL's listed below and receive the rights to use their
licenses concurrently. There is currently no charge associated with these
rights. However, we reserve the right to re-evaluate the fee structure at
any time."

"Assuming that you have agreed to the concurrent usage terms and conditions, and that the representation regarding eligibility contained therein is true, you are now authorized to distribute registered Macromedia software to end users through a shared-file server that employs license-metering software. "

Cheers!

Mike

>Hi -
>Does anyone have any information on how Adobe plans to handle Macromedia concurrency licenses.  When we purchased our Flash and Dreamweaver licenses all I had to do was go online to Macromedia and sign up my licences for concurrency for free.  Will Adobe honor those concurrent licenses?
>Thanks,
>Nancy
>
>--
>Nancy Stemmer
>Academic Computing Coordinator
>Cleveland Institute of Art
>11141 East Blvd.
>Cleveland, OH  44106
>216-421-7941

Mike Stark    U.C. San Diego, Academic Computing Services
Manager, Microsupport & Software Distribution
Voice (858) 534-4060   Fax (858) 534-7018     AP&M 1220
internet: [log in to unmask]