Re: Our annual face-to-face meeting for licensing. Dallas. MONDAY Oct 9th, 4:45-6:45, Room D227

Theresa M Rowe <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:39:11 -0400

If you are interested in the Bb/D2Learn patent issue -

Brian Hawkins has distributed an Educause announcement describing concern for the "vitality of the supplier marketplace for tools and solutions that are essential to higher education."  This concern is triggered by several market and governmental actions, including patent issues and the situation for course management systems.

Please take a moment to review his announcement at:
http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/pub0601.pdf

We plan to have a PANEL DISCUSSION on related issues at the CIO constituent meeting, open to all interested.

2:45 - IMPORTANT OPEN SESSION
Panel presentation facilitated by Richard Katz on
"What can and should we do about patents in higher education?"

Our distinguished panelists are:

Polley Ann McClure, VP - IT, Cornell University

Wesley D. Blakeslee, Associate General Counsel
The Johns Hopkins University

David Lassner, Chief Information Officer, University of Hawaii

The location is in the Dallas Convention Center, Ballroom A-Two.