Front Page Replacement on CA and Vista Activation

Chuck Sechler <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:58:09 -0500

FrontPage as we all know has been replaced by Office SharePoint
Designer 2007. I have not heard much on this list about this, so I
assume those using FrontPage are happy with this (or they are not
using FrontPage anyway). My only concern is that Sharepoint Designer
docs indicate this only works in conjunction with a SharePoint server
and that the more general web development tools is Web Expressions.
So, are there any concerns that this product would not work with
other Web servers? I had thought that FrontPage did not have this condition.

In the web cast on Windows Vista Activation, I thought the speaker
mentioned, for more detail,  the Desktop Deployment Guide. But, when I go to

www.microsoft.com/desktopdeployment

what I see are a lot of links to topic on deployment, but no document
as such. Is there actually a guide?

Thanks, Chuck.