Adobe apps, keyserver, and concurrent licensing

Joel Ness <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:28:22 -0500

Anyone using KeyServer for license management?

We're just discovering that some/all of the Adobe CS apps get their
keying wiped out when the programs auto-update.  I've talked to the
Sassafras folk (nice company) and they've confirmed that this is a
problem for both Mac and Windows.

Not sure what our options are on this. We don't want to pull software
from folks, but can't really offer applications if we can't manage the
concurrent licensing part of things. To add to the complications, some
faculty/staff may have a keyed application installed from our server,
others may have their own license.

Thought I'd see if anyone else is dealing with this issue.

Joel Ness
154 MWAH
University of Minnesota Duluth
(218) 726-8841