Re: SPSS license

"Trappler, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:28:10 -0800

Hi Shahra,
I think you've sent your question to the right list, unfortunately I
don't think there's a good/easy answer to your question.  SPSS has been
a subject of much concern to and discussion by this many members of this
group because we are all pretty much facing the same problems with SPSS.
SPSS was also a major point of discussion at our annual meeting this
past October.  I think if you search the email archives of this list you
will at least be able to get a good idea of the history of the issues
that have been discussed.

Thomas J. Trappler
Director, UCLA Software Licensing
UCLA Office of Information Technology
5905 Math Sciences, Los Angeles, CA  90095-1557
PH: 310-825-7516, FX: 310-825-6979
Email: [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahra Meshkaty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LICENSING] SPSS license

I hope that i am posting to the correct listserve to ask this question.
I am trying to solicit some feedback from those of you with SPSS
licensing experience (pricing, maintenance and service fees).
On our campus we are getting increased demands for use of SPSS but
with our current license status, it seems enormously costly. We
currently have about>200-250 licenses floating around between the PC
labs and individual faculty members plus 50 copies in Macintosh lab.
Any solution, advise and suggestion is appreciated.

Shahra Meshkaty
Information Technology Services
Interim Director of Academic Technology Services
WebCT Administrator
Maher 192, X2298