Re: SPSS license

Shahra Meshkaty <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:48:10 -0800

Thank you Thomas,
I did in fact do a search on the archive and got a good sense for
concerns that many of us are sharing.
To pursuit the dilemma of licensing, share of cost was something that
I came across in several of the archives. I posted another question
to the list asking for a matrix that other campuses may be using to
share the cost of certain software. I am hoping that if i put
together a list of some major universities or ones at the size of
ours (7000 FTE or private catholic), then i could convince the
provost or deans that we need to share some of the cost with
departments/colleges that predominantly use certain packages. But I
need to know what others are doing and how do they break down the
cost. Do they go normally half and half or what formula is used if
any. Your advise is appreciated.

thanks
shahra