Invitation to Provide Nominations for EDUCAUSE Awards

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:49:33 -0600

Colleagues,

The following is from the Educause Recognition Committee and they would
appreciate both any nominations you would like to make as well as
comments on the general process. Please see below...

Regards, Marg

---

The EDUCAUSE award nomination deadline is just weeks away.  The
Recognition Committee has made some significant changes in the
EDUCAUSE Awards Program for this year, and would warmly welcome your
thoughts about notable colleagues and initiatives that are worthy of
the recognition an EDUCAUSE award brings.

The Leadership awards are now more flexible than in previous years.
And the new Catalyst Award is intended to shift our recognition from
individual institutional projects to the truly groundbreaking
initiatives, often collaborative, that have shown us how to advance
higher education through the use of IT.

You can find descriptions of both awards at:
    http://www.educause.edu/Awards
along with nomination forms.   If you don't have time to complete the
formal materials please feel free to send me your brief suggestions
or descriptions.  I'd also be glad to answer any questions.

For the first Catalyst Award we're particularly interested in
recognizing a significant initiative that has demonstrably and
positively transformed our capability in higher education.  This will
set the tone for future awards.

With your help, the EDUCAUSE awards program can help all of us
recognize, celebrate, honor and promote our community's successes for
the benefit of all.

Thanks!
David Lassner,
EDUCAUSE Recognition Committee 2005-06 Chair

David Lassner                                           [log in to unmask]
Chief Information Officer                         Voice: +1 808-956-3501
University of Hawaii                                Fax: +1 808-956-5025
                      http://www2.hawaii.edu/~david

Margaret H. Knox       [log in to unmask]
Director                      (512) 475-9224
The University of Texas
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
OTIS - System wide Strategies
FAC 248 I (at Austin)78712