Re: SPSS license

Charlie Prothero <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Dec 2006 06:00:04 -0500

Keystone College is much smaller than most of the respondents on this topic, but we have had excellent results with SPSS by purchasing a network license and making it available exclusively on a terminal server.  That approach works for us, because we have adopted a server-centric IT model where people don't try to lug their world around in a laptop but, rather, access it through the network from any device that's handy - the desktop in their office, our cyber-café, classroom instructor computer, home PC, etc.  When we changed ISP's last year, we redirected most of our VPN users to terminal servers as well.  Not a single complaint about that, but we did have to make a few exceptions for people who were using VPN to take control of PC's that had special configurations.

- Charlie