FW: [LICENSING] MSO Pro 2003 SP2 required for legal reasons?

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:14:13 -0600

Colleagues, Enoch Remick has provided the information on why the term
legal is used.... see below and attached...
----

Marg,

Hope all is well - happy to help clarify things.  I've attached a better
explanation of what's happening.  On a going forward basis, customers
must now leverage these service packs for deployments as a court has
found certain portions of code within Office Pro 2003, Access 2003,
Office Pro XP and Access 2002 infringe a third-party patent.  We are
making the revised versions of these products available with the
allegedly infringing code replaced.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Enoch

Enoch Thijs Remick
Worldwide Academic Licensing Manager  |  Worldwide Public Sector
+1 (425) 707-9239 office | +1 (425) 708-1429 fax  | +1 (425) 443-5729
mobile