Re: MS volume licensing & Tech Net status

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:21:27 -0600

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/sa/benefits/technet_plus.msp

Our contract is neither thru NERCOMP nor with SHI, but I do know that
SHI has  regular emailings and webcasts for MS customers. Overview
material, etc..

It is my understanding that if you get Software Assurance (at edu
pricing) when you buy server licenses, that you get technetplus... see
the URL above

Since we do not always get SA, our developers and system administrators,
thru our Select reseller, usually get MSDN. The academic departments
(e.g., CS, etc) that are eligible sign up for MSDN AA (Academic
Alliance) instead.

Margaret H. Knox       [log in to unmask]
Director                      (512) 475-9224
The University of Texas
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
OTIS - System wide Strategies
FAC 248 I (at Austin)78712