Re: Media question - Visual Studio 2005

"Cook, Arlene D" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:12:13 -0600

Go to
http://selectug.mslicense.com/documents/ShipmentContentListforJanuary2006Sel
ectKits.xls

This breaks down the January shipment into the kit number and the part
number that is on the media.

Arlene

NOTE NEW HOURS AND LOCATION FOR SOFTWARE STORE
HOURS 9AM TO 5PM Closed for Lunch from 1:00 to 2:00
ROOM 141 HILL CENTER ON PEABODY CAMPUS
Directions - http://its.vanderbilt.edu/about/directions.php
Arlene Cook
Office:  615-343-1601
Software License 615-343-3919
Fax: 615-322-4720

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Brainard-Dougan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LICENSING] Media question - Visual Studio 2005

A question for those who deal with maintaining the media library.  Am
I missing something or is it sometimes very difficult to determine
what is what with regard to media?  I have a client who purchased a
license for Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft part number C5E-00170.  I
have media for Visual Studio 2005 but there are 50 disks and none are
labeled in such a way that I can build sets based on version.  When I
use the license to media mapping function via the volume licensing
services page I find that the CD kit is part number C5E-00076.  None
of the 50 CDs I have show this number either on the CD label or on
the back of the sleeve where it says "media set."

This is usually not a problem with 1 and 2 disk media sets but this
one is just monstrous.  Anyone out there actually familiar with the
product install and able to save me the hours it will take to unravel this?

Thank you!

- Ann

Ann Brainard-Dougan
Software Administrator