Re: Apple's Boot Camp and Microsoft Licensing

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:02:52 -0500

David,

The following is MY interpretation (and without consultation with MS)
I'd make a run at patterning it after Virtual PC/Campus Agreement usage.
If you are under Campus Agreement (Windows upgrades) for your computers
AND you have Mac OSX on the Apple... then you should (IMHO) be able to
bring up Windows using the upgrade portion of your Campus Agreement. If
you did not have Mac OSX licensed on the computer (if that is even
possible), then you would need to acquire a new license of Windows.

Regards, Marg

Margaret H. Knox       [log in to unmask]
Director                      (512) 475-9224
The University of Texas
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
OTIS - System wide Strategies
FAC 248 I (at Austin)78712